- U.S. Department of Education Tribal Consultation -
U.S. Department of Education (ED) Office of Indian Education, the White House Initiative on American Indian and Alaska Native Education, and SC3 invites tribal leaders, education professionals, parents, colleagues, and interested stakeholders to participate in Tribal Consultation on Tuesday, April 15, 2014, in Norman, Oklahoma.Read More...
- SC3 Regional SIG Summit -
The SC3 Regional SIG Summit will be held on April 10-11, 2014, in New Orleans, Louisiana.Read More...
The South Central Comprehensive Center (SC3) at the University of Oklahoma is one of a national network of 22 federally funded centers. The SC3 mission is to provide high quality/high impact technical assistance that helps build or expand the capacity of the state education agency (SEA), intermediary agencies, and other educational systems in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Oklahoma to implement, support, scale-up, and sustain reform efforts to improve teaching and learning.
SC3 has several components designed to maximize responsiveness and ensure technical assistance (TA) is relevant, useful, and of high quality.
State Coordinating Councils (SCCs): SC3's SCCs include members from each state education agency's (SEA's) leadership working with the Center to identify state priorities and tailor work to meet specific and changing needs. To maintain the flow of communication and plan TA services, each state's SCC meets regularly with SC3 staff members, partners, and collaborators.
SC3 Advisory Board: The SC3 Advisory Board is composed of educational and community stakeholders from every state in SC3's region. Members are appointed by each state's governor and commissioner/superintendent. The Advisory Board meets annually to provide feedback and guidance for TA services and regional work plan.
- Dr. Janet Barresi, Oklahoma State Department of Education, State Superintendent
- Dr. Tom Kimbrell, Arkansas Department of Education, Commissioner
- Ms Hanna Skandera, New Mexico Public Education Department, Secretary of Public Education
- John White, Louisiana Department of Education, State Superintendent of Education
- Dr. Richard Abernathy, Arkansas Association of Educational Administrators, Executive Director
- Dr. Denise Airola, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, Director of the Office of Innovation
- Mr. Troy Allen, Jacobs Engineering, Senior HSE Manager
- Ms Debra Andersen, Smart Start Oklahoma, Executive Director
- Gloria Chavez, Grants-Cibola School District, Assistant Superintendent
- Mr. Adan Delgado, Pojoaque (Pueblo) Schools, Superintendent
- Mr. Andy Evans, Mountain View-Gotebo School District, District Superintendent
- Ms Connie Hansen, (OPEPD) Office of Planning, Evaluation and Policy Development, Retired Priority Schools Chief for NMPED and former principal
- Leighann Lenti, New Mexico Public Education Department, Policy Director
- Dr. Judi Miranti, Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Mr. William Price, Phillips Murrah P.C., Attorney
- Debbie Rickards, Shreve Island Elementary, Instructional Coordinator
- Julie Roy, Avoyelles Public Charter School, Executive Director
- Dr. Scott Steckler, George Cox Elementary School, Jefferson Parish School System, Principal
- Ms Marguerite Stumbaugh, Community Representative
Profile coming soon.
Profile coming soon.